Saturday, March 8, 2014

Parenthood - Overrated really?

A few days ago I read an article which I will have the link below for you. You must read it I say!

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/features/blink/stop-the-lies-about-parenting/article5709875.ece

The title of that article 'Stop the lies about parenting' just had my immediate attention and I just had to read it! No doubt a well written article and clearly articulated the essence of her topic very well. I also agree that it takes real guts to be honest to your feelings and also to come out and express them. So kudos to that!

However, focusing highly on one aspect of life "Parenthood" and categorizing it as "Exhausting" isn't fair enough. As you grow you get ready for many phases of like, schooling, college, marriage, friendships, career, business, so much and each phase is tiring, exhausting and takes away a lot of energy from you. So, is being a parent. It is tough, it is very tiring at the end of the day but you do it, right, why? Because you love it! It is not something you sign up for like the author's remarks. It is your choice of bringing a life into this world and like all your decisions respect that, be true to it. It is a part of your life. Life changes all the time and you adjust to it. Period.

You love being a parent just like you love being at your office slogging 9 to 9, which is also not an easy task! True it is rewarding sometimes and sometimes not, which is in the case of everything you do in life. I am not saying romanticize the whole thing saying that having a baby is complete bliss, obviously mothers would agree it is not 24/7 full of bliss, you will have your moments but trust me it is a life changing experience and it indeed is the best one just like for few of my friends sky diving, scuba diving or even getting a tatoo changes is. For me personally, being a mother is, it changed my life in all ways. I agree I crib, I feel tired but it was my decision to be a mother and the end of the day when I put my baby to sleep, I thank God for her. It surely doesn't feel anything like exhausting! :) 

Again this is my personal opinion, just like the author had hers! You are entitled to yours! 

Until next post,

Love,

Adi



(Image courtesy: Google images)

No comments:

Post a Comment